Thursday, November 11, 2010

Griff

On this Veteran's Day, I went to the 5:30 Advanced Class at Crossfit Carmel.  Fittingly, the WOD was a hero workout.  


"Griff"
For Time
Run 800 meters
Run 400 meters backwards
Run 800 meters
Run 400 meters backwards

This Crossfit WOD is name in honor of USAF SSgt Travis L. Griffin, 28, who was killed April 3, 2008 in the Rasheed district of Baghdad by an IED strike to his vehicle. Travis is survived by his son Elijah.  

My time:  12:36 and I was not the last to finish despite my anxiety of running with elite guys....two who finished in the 9 minute range.  Crazy times!

This was my first real run in my Vibram shoes.  WOW!  What a difference!  No heel striking.  No supinating!  Post workout soreness set in to my calfs and man...they are still on fire.  However, I can see how the Vibrams can really help me run more efficiently.  I wonder if the Vibrams were the reason for my first 800 meters being 3:40 which is INCREDIBLY fast for me, or if it was the fact that I was chasing all the advanced guys, many of whom are triathletes, endurance runners, and much smaller guys than I am.  Either way, what a great way to honor Veteran's Day, and what a great Crossfit WOD!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...