Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hopper

It's been about a week since I had the motivation to post something.  Not because I was bored.  Not due to lack of motivation.  After completing the Whole 30 Paleo Challenge I found myself feeling better than ever, but like most people (I think), I need something new to keep me motivated.  I'd like to lose more weight so that I can attack a half marathon under 2 hours.  That's been a goal of mine before meeting Crossfit.  Ok....get to the point, right?

I continue to eat very well.  I indulge no more than once per week whether it be a meal or beer, but the day after, it's back on track, trying to live as close to a Paleo lifestyle as I can w/out obsessing and being so rigid.  I want to enjoy my food...always have.

This morning was the weekly/weekend Hopper WOD's at Crossfit Carmel.  (Click on the link to read what a Hopper is for you non Crossfitters.  The first WOD was 4 rounds of:

400 meter run
50 air squats

My time:  17:30....fairly pleased

Usually, that is enough for me, but I decided to stay and see what the 10 a.m. WOD would be.......

A Hero WOD
CINDY
20 minutes AMRAP (As Many Reps as Possible)
5 pull up's
10 push up's
15 air squats

My result:  13 plus 5 pull ups and 10 push ups (I felt like Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off trying to decide if I was going to do this or not.)

Watching the first heat get rounds in the 20's, I knew I was spent, but I just wanted to finish and give it a try WITHOUT QUITTING.  My point today?

You can read about all the Hero work outs and more about Crossfit here.  

I always need something to chase and that ebb's and flows:  Eating Paleo for 30 days served that for me and finishing Cindy after already completing a WOD did that for me.  Learning how to do air squats (what seems like a simple thing) properly today did that for me.  Stretching (after throwing out my back did that for me)  Crossfit has taught me not only to push myself further than I thought I could, rather it's taught me how to be a complete fit person.  Stay tuned......Crossfit Carmel is going to start a new challenge:  100 days of burpees and I'm going to complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...