Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chewing

I've been thinking a lot this week about my health nutrition.  If you haven't read my last post, you may be interested to find out that I had a party that no one attended.  Pity parties are often like that.  So this week I got back in it.  I ate well.  I ate clean.  I worked out keeping in mind I needed a week to regain my confidence.  I feel much better and am slowly recovering from my ailing groin injury which I talked about several several weeks ago.  I've also been knee deep into my Nutrition and Health Coaching program through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.  I've studied lots of stuff the past several weeks:  Info. on Low Carb Diets, Slow Carbs, No Carbs, Grains, Macrobiotics, The Importance of Water, and much more. However, what sticks out to me lately with my own eating is how fast I eat.  I live in the racing capital of the world, Indianapolis.  If you haven't heard, there is a pretty big event here next month.  However, I'm not much of a race fan 11 months out of the year, but I sometimes feel like I could give this guy a run for his money racing.....


Eating fast has never been so apparent to me than when our oldest child start to genetically inhale his food at the table.  He paternally gets it honestly.  I paternally get it honestly.   At the dinner table we have referred to him as Kobayashi and this name has now been reserved for anyone at our house who eats too fast. 

Chewing has become my new goal.

But not like this......

or this......
because that guy could end up like

this guy

I mean chewing my food.  I mean taking the time to chew my food thoroughly so I can enjoy it more.  However, I've come to learn there is more than enjoying your food when it comes to chewing your food thoroughly because digestion starts in the mouth.  Well chewed food allows more nutrients to be released from the food thus being healthier for you.  Well chewed food is better digested, so there is less aggravation in the gut.  Well chewed food releases more taste in the mouth.  And.....why not just try to slow life down a bit.  If you are interested in learning more here's a good resource for you.


This guy wants to know......What is something you could do more slowly?  Leave me a comment or send me an email at cspinhealthy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...