Wednesday, April 20, 2011

These are Not the Fries You're Looking For


These are not the fries you're looking for.........I hope.

I like french fries (and Star Wars) just like any other natural born American.  However, I try to stay away from fast food simply because I don't like how it makes me feel, and I know fast food is the fast way to fast el b's!!  But....when it's time to splurge with no guilt (check this blog out from a fellow Institute for Integrative Nutrition colleague of mine on no guilt eating.) I try to eat fast food that is not packed full of "stuff".  

Wendy's is promoting "Natural Cut Fries".

.....and the truth of the matter is they are not all that natural.  

--They are sprayed with sodium acid pyrophosphate, a chemical that prevents them from turning brown from two baths in frying oil

--They are coated with dextrose, a sugar derived from corn, for similar purposes

--They contain dimethylpolysiloxane, a silicone-based chemical that helps keep the vegetable oil from getting foamy after countless rounds of frying.

Here's the article I found explaining this in more detail and comparing how Five Guys Burgers is a better choice when it comes to your french fries.  If  you are going to splurge and eat fries, you might as well eat with no guilt and no crap in them.  

  

1 comment:

  1. What's most interesting about the Wendy's article you linked to is that it's posted under Yahoo's Finance section of all places.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...