Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We Are Fa-mi-ly!


I mentioned in a couple of posts ago that I was flying solo for a week and a half as my wife took a much needed family trip w/her father and two sisters to Scotland to explore their family heritage.  To break up the pool time, Midwestern humidity, and Fineas and Ferb episodes I hitched a ride with some friends going to Baltimore, Maryland to visit my sister and her family.  I figured it would not only break up the routine of being home, but it would be an adventure.  At the same time, my sister and I do not get to see each other too often given our distance.  

My big (I outweigh her by I'm going to guess 75 lbs.) works in a doctor's office (ok.....so her name is on the letterhead and I'm proud of her for that!  She's so humble....and I love that about her too.) and my bro-in-law is a "medical professional" too as well as an avid triathlete.  These two know something about treating your body well.  So on Friday night, their routine is to have Shabbat dinner and they both cook.

This night's dinner was almond crusted chicken (looks yummy in that foil, huh?!), roasted cauliflower,  salad from the backyard garden, and homemade plum/blackberry cobbler!


The backyard garden

The boys getting the fruit and veggies to bring in

Helping Uncle Brian get a carrot or two.

Fresh carrots (I promise...they are in there!)

Berries....

Tomatoes.....


Eggplant (we didn't eat it.  I just like the color.)

Cabbage (We didn't eat.  I just think the plant shape looks cool.)

Helping Aunt Sara make desert

.....b/f the crust gets put on

The fruit for this dish came from Baugher's Orchard & Farm in Westminster, MD.  Fresh fruit.  Hand-picked!

A great, local meal with family. It's great to be with "big" sister and do these things.  I wish we lived closer.  Shabbat shalom!


Oh.........And next time you are in Baltimore, you should swing by and see Niagra Falls!  It's worth it!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...