Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day and the Night Before

I get pretty excited about a few things in life:  live music, a new gadget, watching my kids laugh, and great food.  Last night, my wife and I celebrated 16 years of marriage in my home town of Cincinnati, Ohio.  While I was looking forward to reporting on some colorful foods to post, I......we came up a bit disappointed.  We dined at a newer local restaurant, Poco a Poco,  a Latin tapas-style restaurant right on Hyde Park Square.  We ordered tamales, sopas, and clams as appetizers thinking the night was off to a great start, but when the waiter came back to report no Lamb Ribs available at 6:30 p.m., I became concerned.  Settling in on the chicken dish while Heather ordered the carne asada, the food was decent, but not the draw dropping succulent fare we were going for.  I guess that's what we get for having expectations, huh?!  

We topped off the night off at Awakenings Coffee and Wine Bar with a wine tasting mingling with a local barista who looked like a cross between Jerry Garcia and Captain Lou Albano and plays in three local bands.  He was hangin' with his buddy who hosts a radical left wing political radio show (uh.....once per week).  Fascinating to say the least.  Colorful?  That's a matter of perspective.

Nonetheless......

It's Mother's Day.  We dined at the historic Cincinnati Natural History Museum at Union Terminal.  I used to call this place The Hall of Justice Growing up.  As an adult, I can appreciate the uniqueness of this historic building.

Union Terminal at night

The Hall of Justice from The Superfriends!

The ceiling inside Union Terminal.  More colorful than The Hall of Justice I bet.

Here's today's colorful food......  

The aftermath of a breakfast buffet.

Back on track tomorrow.......

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...