Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pain Free and Good Sleep

I've had two major issues in the past few months that have been bothering me.  Both issues have impacted my sleep.  


1.  I have had bad joint pain in my hands all day long.  During the night my arms would fall asleep from my elbows to my fingertips.  I'm talking about that tingling/pins and needles kind of feeling causing me to wake up several times per day.  Walking up in the middle of the night stinks.  


2.  I lacked energy.  It was like that 5 Hour Energy commercial where at 2 p.m. I was toast.  Perhaps it was related to my arm/hands issue at night.  I eat well.  I think I eat exceptionally well most days of the week.  I go to Crossfit 4-5 days/week as my means of exercise.  I could not understand why this was the case, but I figured it was what I was eating and when I was eating.  

So I thought about going to the doctor but I did not want to treat myself with drugs if I could do something more natural.  So I've changed only two things in my life and both have to do with what I put in my body.


1.  I switched my fish oil intake from capsules to a high quality liquid format.  I started taking two full tablespoons per day.  Fish oil is a great way to get your Omega 3 intake in you easily and serves as a great natural anti-inflammatory.  

2.  If you read my post a couple of weeks ago, you know I started juicing regularly including mostly vegetable juices with some fruit.  Wow!  I noticed instant energy from raw juicing.  I can not say enough about this and grow more and more intrigued by the raw juicing scene.  I usually throw in cucumber, romaine lettuce, broccoli, or any other green I can get my hands on.  I'll typically add an apple or pineapple and have thrown in some fresh ginger for some kick at times.  Carrots are good but are high glycemic, so I am careful not to add too much.  I'm trying to work my way up to an all day juicing cleanse to help my digestion, but I'd like to learn about more recipes first.  Aside from that, it's easy to blow through a lot of veggies and that adds up.   

Here's some good information on the benefits of juicing


Here's some information on the benefits of fish oil

It's nice to finally get good quality sleep


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...