Sunday, May 22, 2011

Water

Ten years ago, I loved my Diet Coke.  I still drank regular pop (er, soda if you are not from the Midwest), and I never worried about how much water I consumed.  Enter:  Weight Watchers.  I was 279 lbs. and rapidly declining health-wise at too early an age.  Weight Watchers told me to drink at least 72 ounces of water per day, so I did whatever they said and just got used to running to the bathroom at first.  I lost 79 lbs. on Weight Watchers, but I did not know about what healthy food was then.  (I talk about that here.)  Yet, I knew about the importance of water.  I started carrying a water bottle with me wherever I went.  It just became a habit.  Now, a water bottle is as important to me as a good coffee mug.  

I think I've found the water companion for me:


The Lifefactory water bottle.

Read up on their cool story.  Started by two pediatricians, there's a whole line of kid/baby products.  All environmentally friendly.

No leaching issues from plastic.  It's glass!  I think it just tastes better than from a plastic bottle, which is the main reason I bought it.  The only issue I have is that the largest bottles are only 22 oz. versus my old 32 oz. Nalgene plastic bottle, but it's a small price to pay. 

I used to try to drink at least 72 oz. of water per day simply because Weight Watchers told me to do so 9 years ago.  However, the amount of water one should consume is a frequently debated topic.  Some say to only drink when thirsty.  Some say 8 cups per day.  Others say to drink your body weight in ounces.  My conclusion:  Drink until my "you know what" is clear!  Seems to be a good indicator that I'm hydrated.  

Oh.....and I always make sure I drink filtered water!
Here is a great resource about water I came across from my studies to become a Holistic Health Coach. 

STAY TUNED:  THE FIRST CspinHealthy GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENT IS COMING SOON, AND IT'S RELATED TO WATER!


2 comments:

  1. we still need to do our health consultation! Where are you anyway??? Like the pics in this post! Clever!
    -JMac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE glass water bottles. We got a few at Starbucks and fully plan on replacing all of our nasty plastic! I just realized that I haven't added you to my blogroll....off to do that now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...