Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Round Mound of Rebound Does Crossfit

Last June I was lethargic, down about my health and fitness, disappointed for allowing myself to get so far off track.  

I had run half marathons, lost considerable weight before (79 lbs.), belonged to gyms, hired personal trainers, and felt like I had done it all.  Then a good friend told me, "You should try Crossfit."  

So I did and I could not be happier with my progress.

So I stumbled upon the news that former NBA legend Charles Barkley was taking up Crossfit.  At first, I thought this was on par with the likes of Chad Ochocinco trying out bullriding.  


But it was no joke........


And so here is Barkley, The Round Mound of Rebound himself, getting after it at Crossfit North Atlanta.  Watch below as he shares that he is up 100 POUNDS since retiring from the NBA.  This guy has said some wacky stuff in his time, but he was a childhood favorite of mine and I have to say......I'm pulling for him.  Good for Chuck for being 48 years young and setting such a lofty bar for himself.  I sure hope this is more than a gimmick.  


Despite what you think of him, Barkley was quite an athlete in his day.  

Well.....maybe not here........


GOOD LUCK CHUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...