Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Primary Foods

So I've been off the grid so to speak.  I feel a bit like I've been living under a rock.  


 It's summer, and when you work in a school for a living, the last thing one might want to do is be inside and on the computer. At the same time, I've been working on my second career. I'm studying to become a Nutrition and Health Coach through The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Through my own path to wellness, I've come to realize that I want to relay all the tips, tricks, and hard work I've put in to me into others because quite frankly the things I've done have radically changed my life.....for the better....forever. However, I've discovered that the path to whole wellness is never ending. In fact, sometimes, it's a struggle. Shocker, huh?!

One of the many great things about the I.I.N. program is the promotion of Primary Foods

You can see the Primary Foods on the outer ring of the IIN Food Pyramid below.

I've thought a lot about my own Primary Foods throughout my training and how they impact my health and fitness.  As an avid Crossfitter, I am most interested in eating to get leaner, perform better athletically, and to be the healthiest me I can be.  Imbalances in my primary foods directly impact the food choices I make.  So being in touch with these four items (spirituality, relationships, career, and physical activity) are key.  For me, I often get overwhelmed with things and have issues prioritizing.  In turn, this impacts my relationships with others and so now I have two primary foods out of whack, my relationships and my career.  As my stress levels increase, I, like everyone else out there, will look to food to compensate:  hence, the never-ending battle.  So that's me. 

If you are interested in learning more about how your primary foods impact you, feel free to drop me a line at...

craig@cspinhealthy.com  

I am available for individual health consultations which would give you a preview of what it would be like to work with a Nutrition and Health Coach.  The consultation is free of charge and can be done in person, over the phone, Skype, whatever. 

You can see more about what I do as a Nutrition and Health Coach by clicking on the logo below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...