Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's all Connected


Lately I've been thinking how interconnected things are in relationship to my overall health and fitness.

Need a break from work.
Not as focused on my dietary habits as I want to be.
I want to be more flexible and want to make this more of priority.
Getting over a groin injury has set my fitness level back just a tad.
Busy times at home going in a few different directions.
Itching to get out of the house more as the weather breaks.
Overall, just yearning for a bit more balance in my life.

All of these things contribute to my health on one way or another.  Getting them working in the same direction at the same time is the key.  It's all connected.........work, home, food, emotions, family, etc.  The Institue for Integrative Nutrition, the school where I am studying to become a Holistic Health Coach, refers to this as my PRIMARY FOODS.  These are the things that impact the food we actually eat which are secondary.  

So the answer for me is to get myself registered for a series of races and adventures in the very near future.  Stay tuned for an upcoming post which will reveal my commitments.  This will force me to get more focused as I'll have something to aim for and will offer some variety to what I'm currently doing.  

This whole topic came to my conscious today thanks to our family friend Mary, educator, and life long learner who shared this video with us. It's a great visual about how things work together.  Enjoy.....

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Craig! I think EVERYONE is about over winter and itching for something more, or maybe just something different. You aren't alone. And tomorrow? Well, as the Beatles put it:

    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right

    Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
    Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

    Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

    Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
    Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
    Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
    Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
    Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

    Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right
    It's all right

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Craig. The mind and body are all one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the song, Craig, and yes, everything is connected. I remember trying to eat healthy before and spending so much $$$ but still not budging on weight. Now, I am in a better place and don't sweat as much about my weight and it's the same if not better. So primary foods are really that, primary! Everything IS connected :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...