Sunday, October 24, 2010

Annie

The hero Crossfit WODS are named after fallen military heroes.  I have the utmost respect for each and every Crossfit WOD despite being a hero WOD or one designed by the coaches at Crossfit Carmel.

This is my 17 year old beagle sheltie, Annie.  We got her from the pound when she was roughly 2-3 years old.  When we got her spayed the doc. pulled a bullet lying on the top of her spine.  She is totally blind from a puncture would to her left eye, and the tip of her tail is bent permanently.  She has been the perfect family dog and a hero to our family.  Nonetheless......

My first WOD back this weekend was Annie (here's a video of Crossfit guru Chris Speal making it look effortless).  50, 40, 30, 20, 10 reps of double unders and sit ups.  With a sore back I thought, great.  At least not heavy lifting.  My time:  Not the best.  I agree w/Speal.  The sit ups were the work.  For me, the double unders suck after getting broken from them.  Then, my heart rate soars.  You can see the whiteboard below.


I hated being on of the last to be done, however what I love about Crossfit is that when folks are done, they are all routing for you to get done.  The competition is with the self, and it's about my own expectation of me.  Not about me beating the next guy or girl.  Later that day.....my back tightened up.  (That post I made about Patience is sitting on my shoulder tugging at my conscience.)

I've never respected working out or athletic activity like I do Crossfit.  What looks "easy" always (I repeat....ALWAYS) turns out to be the hardest thing I do that day, week, or month.....every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...