Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

Home on Fall Break this week.  Again, since my back is on the mend, I've made a commitment (to me and to my wife) that I will cook more.  I loved stuffed peppers growing up.  However, I'm not big on recipes.  I kind of just throw a bunch of stuff together.  Call it "the guy way", but I'll look at a recipe and then copy most of it and make up some of my own along the way.

Today I three together........

ground beef, 1 diced onion, diced tomato, chopped pepperoncini's, about a tsp. of cumin, cayenne, and cinnamon, kosher salt, pepper, and chopped fresh oregano.

I cook the meat and onions together.  I throw in all the spices next.  The peppers and tomatoes go on last as I turn off the stove so they don't get too mushy.

Our peppers come from our CSA and we got some really great sized ones this week as you can see.

Threw it all in the oven for about 15 minutes.  I like the peppers a bit crunchy but hot.  That way, I can cut the pepper and then eat the piece with my hand.   Each little piece is like a "boat" with the stuffing in it.  Another meal where eating was pleasurable and sustaining.  Heck, any time you put mean, onions and peppers together, it's hard for me not to over eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...