Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Half Full

Today was rough.  I wavered whether or not to go to the gym.  I had all kinds of excuses. 


"I'm sore."
"I've worked out 4 days in a row, and my body needs a rest."
"I'm tired."
"I should eat dinner with my family."
"My body needs the rest."
"I'm not going to be be able to work out Friday and maybe not until Monday (at least at Crossfit)."

But I went......................


“Elizabeth”
21-15-9 of
Power Cleans (135/95)
Ring Dips

My attitude sucked from the time I walked in and saw that the power clean was indeed a full squat clean, and I knew I needed band assistance for ring dips. 

What happened to my momentum from A Very Brady Crossfit?! (my last post)

Well, perhaps this was  the world's way of putting me in check to realize there is always something to work towards; to realize not to get too content no matter what you are doing; to remember humility is always right around the corner.  Today I simply threw out the idea of that go-go-go Crossfit mentality of "get a good time".  Rather, I focused on a good, steady workout with good form.  A few months ago, I would have been disappointed in that, thinking I need to always post a solid time.  Today was a reminder that sometimes slowing it down is more important than that rush to the finish line.  I felt good finding purpose in something that initially got me down.  Here is a great blog that speaks to this point thanks to a Crossfit friend of mine.  (Thanks Jen!)

Today's simple realization.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...