Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolution Schmesolution

It's that time of year.  Everyone is going to lose weight.  Weight Watchers, Sugarbusters, The Zone Diet, gym memberships, no sweets, no this, cut that......

 Resolutions schmezolutions!  They never last.  They often look like this.....


My solution to no resolution.....

Set a goal and go get it.  
Start slowly and plan.
Find a friend and partner up.

I'm going to start 2011 by continuing on my path.  I'm going to do the following:

1.  Go Paleo 100% for 30 days straight and integrate into my dietary habits full time afterwards:  No grains, no legumes, no sugar.  Eat all things in their natural state.  I'll email a friend doing the same thing after every meal to stay accountable, and he will do the same.  This worked great last time.  The goal here is to cleanse my system and hopefully find gains with my endurance and overall health.  Check out all the details of The Whole 30 plan I will follow.  It's part of The Whole 9 website, a great foundation for all things Paleo.  I'll be reporting regularly on what I eat, how I feel, and what I do working out, so be sure to follow and share your thoughts if you like.   
(I did this once before and you can read about it here as I was asked to share my thoughts with my Crossfit Carmel friends.) 

2.  Continue to use Crossfit as my main means of getting stronger, increasing my endurance, and losing weight until I reach my goal:  Be under 225 lbs.  (When I started Crossfit in June I was 260 lbs.  I've taken photos of my progress along the way.)  I have yet to find anything that works for me better than Crossfit.  It's pushes me to my limit and beyond each and every time.  While I realize it is not for everyone, I have seen huge gains in my strength, endurance, and confidence about myself fitness-wise.  It's the most humbling thing I've ever done athletically.  Again, it's not for everyone, but it is for me.



3.  Run another half marathon (I'm considering the Flying Pig Half Marathon in Cincinnati, Ohio.) and at least 1 sprint triathlon in 2011.  My PR for a half marathon is 2:07, however the Flying Pig is full of hills, so we'll see.  I have not run any long distances since starting Crossfit back in June.  I have all kinds of Crossfit goals.  Some of them I will share from time to time, however I've said all along that I want to use Crossfit as a means to do other stuff.  


So what will you do this year to stay healthy?  I'd love to hear from you.  Feel free to post a comment or email me at cspinhealthy@gmail.com

 
You deserve it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...