Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Burpees I'm Looking For

These are not the burpees I'm looking for.....



And these are not the burpess I'm looking for........


or these.........


THESE 


ARE


THE 


BURPEES 



I'M


LOOKING 




FOR.......


That is the hardest thing in the world and he did it in 3:23!!!!!  Well, I share this with you today because my only exercise today was TWO, yes that's right, TWO.....WHOLE.....BURPEES.  In fact, I did them in my work clothes in my office after I forgot that I did not do them.  "Craig, why in the world did you do that?!?!!???" you may be asking.  Despite today being a rest/recovery day from working out, I'm taking part in a 100 Day Burpee Challenge at Crossfit Carmel where I work out.  

The burpee is one of the hardest movements for me.  I'm 6'2" and I'm hovering around 241-242 lbs.  I certainly can't drop to the ground and maintain a good pace efficiently.  If I get to it, I'll video tape and show you my version of the burpee ensuring that my chest gets to the ground.  I'd love to advance to the point like this guy in the video, but he is truly bionic to be able to keep going at that pace.  If you are not accustomed to Crossfit and you work out at any level, the burpee is a great full body movement that requires absolutely no equipment at you can see.  Give it a try.  You might surprise yourself.  The first time I ever did burpees, I just about pukied!  

1 comment:

  1. holy toledo that guy was insane, and he looked like he was doing regular push ups to get back up!! My goal time is 8min...I was just below 9 last time we did them. That mat that he was on looked really nice too!! My knees are bruised from practicing the invitational "standard" burpee the other day. I bet he couldn't do a 100 of those suckers in 3 min!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...