Monday, January 31, 2011

The Starting Line

So today is Day 30 of my 30 Day Paleo Challenge.  I've shared a few times that this is the second time I've done this:  gone strictly Paleo for 30 Days.  With the exception of one meal, one night, I was able to do this with absolutely no problem and I must say again....I feel great.  No bloating.  No digestion issues.  More energy.  I'm down 7 lbs.  And, I've seen more energy at Crossfit.  Most notably, I recently cut my baseline workout by just under one whole minute.  I wrote about it the other day in my Rounding Third post.  You can look over my entire month's worth of food complete with notes about workouts, how I felt, and some recipes along the way.  Most importantly, I don't see day 30 as the finish line, rather as the beginning.  The purpose of the 30 days is to rid the body of all the junk, eliminate any trace of food that may cause inflammation, and to now decide what foods I may re-introduce.  Below is the short list of the foods that I think about from time to time that are not endorsed by any health conscious blog, website, or aficionado:

1.  Pizza:  My crack.
2.  Beer, hoppy, dark beer!
3.  Bread:  I don't need it, but I do like the Ezekiel sprouted grain bread my wife buys, and I wouldn't mind an occasional sandwich now and then.
4.  Pasta in my chili:  I'm from Cincinnati.  Home of real chili.

I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...