Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 of 30


So I'm glad I decided to start this over the weekend and not wait until Monday.  I guess it's a good thing I've done this before, know what to expect, cook on the fly, etc.

Made a great omelette this a.m.
  
Inflammation observation:  I will share with you that I have been going through a ton of hand/wrist discomfort during the night.  My hands ache beyond belief and I often wake up several times as my hands are asleep as if they weighed 100 lbs. each.  Not fun.  I'd say this has been going on for several weeks now.  I will also share with you that I've let my diet slide considerably from where it has been.  Having shared both points, I will tell you that last night I slept through the whole night.  No hand pain.  No hands/wrists falling asleep.  

What I'm NOT saying:  I am not concluding that this was due solely to a 100% clean Paleo day one.  I am not sure what only one day can do.  Perhaps I did not sleep on my hands as much? At the same time.......

What I AM saying:  My diet was drastically clean and different yesterday.  The only thing I changed, and the Paleo experts conclude that a lack of grains translates to a lack of inflammation in the body.  Here's a link to Robb Wolf discussing this topic.   

I'll keep you posted as things progress.  I'll also share that I'm going through the worst knee injury ever right now.  It's kept me away from Crossfit and any other intense exercise for almost ten days.  I'll be curious to see how my diet helps expedite my knee recovery (that is hoping that it's just a sprain and nothing is stretched or torn).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...