Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sometimes Ya Gotta Say..........



........what the F*&K!


Remember this scene from Risky Business?!?!


This came to mind today after my workout.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've had a setback with a knee injury and stayed away from any exercise aside from some sit ups and pushups for about 10 days.  I returned to Crossfit this past Monday and went last night as well.  Today, squatting was part of the Workout of the Day.  So I decided to do my own workout at home.  I chose a Hero WOD, Annie, which I've posted about before.  Annie is

50-40-30-20-10 reps of double unders and sit ups.  

My previous times have been.....

My time today:  12:41
My time back in July:  12: 51
My time from back in November:  11:25

My first reaction was disappointment.  However, I struggled to think if I should take a day off and workout tomorrow given the fact that I was just feeling sluggish today and a bit sore from two straight heavy workouts after almost 10 days away from working out.  My thought to myself was......

What the F_ _ K!

For some reason, this great 80's classic movie came to mind.  But the clip says it all for me today.....who cares.  I got a workout in.  I burned some calories, and I'm done for the day.  It's not always about the time.  It's not always about the speed.  It can just be about getting a good workout....often a misconception about Crossfit.  Naysayer's scoff it for it being too many reps, too consumed with time, etc.  I'm proud to say that is just not true at Crossfit Carmel.  In fact, just Monday, our coach Scott stated specifically, "This is a workout you want to consider scrapping time and focusing on form and being safe."  


"What the F_ _ K brings freedom!"

By the way, here's my Day 5 Paleo Food Journal for the day. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...