I'm back from Chicago where I attending The Whole 9 Foundations of Nutrition Workshop at Crossfit Tri Cities. Damn, Chicago is colder than cold! Stay tuned for posts this week, but I wanted to share the quick and dirty of it all. Again, I'll elaborate much more this week.
1. I need to eat more. Pre workout and post workout snacks are bonus meals and a must for nutrition. Sound good to you? Sounds like more planning to me.
2. I eat too much meat. Not a fault of the Paleo philosophy, rather I think I graze too much thinking, "Well....I'm doing what they say." Bottom line is personally I need to cut back. MUCH MUCH more on this later.
3. Time to RAMP UP the veggies. This is an absolute must!
4. Almonds: Not the best choice. Macadamia Nuts: BEST.
$ Cha Ching! $ :(
5. I finally understand the Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio.
6. You are what your food eats.
7. Boy, is alcohol bad!
8. Food should not come in nice, geometric shapes!
9. Scientifically, I now get why a lack of grains and legumes can lead to healthier living.
10. An alkaline diet is the place to be.
These are MY reactions to their message. I have my own fitness and health goals, and I'll share that. Having said that, I'll take the next several posts to elaborate on my list. Above it all, yesterday was enlightening, energizing, and eye opening. What I appreciated the most was their underlying message of, "We are not saying this is the only way to go. We just thing you can do it better." I'm looking forward to doing it better.